Finance Officer (gn)
Climate Analytics gGmbH
We are a mission-driven organisation who understand that our
people are our success. We are looking for a Finance Officer to
work in our finance team and support our colleagues across the
The position includes a wide scope of responsibilities and offers
insights into the operational work of a dynamic,
internationally-active non-profit organisation. We need an
experienced finance/accounting professional who will feel
comfortable working on project/grant administration as well as
general company accounting and organizational controlling
functions. You should have the ability to work independently and
across teams, and come ready to share your ideas for improvement!
The place of work is Berlin. You will report to the Chief
Operating Officer and be a member of the Global Finance Team,
working alongside other finance professionals in the
Areas of responsibility
- You prepare internal and external reports and provide
analysis and overview to your colleagues in project management,
as well as participate in preparing management forecasts.
- You develop, review, and update project budgets in line with
funder rules and regulations.
- Working with other members of the finance team, you review
and/or process invoices and expense claims and complete any
necessary journal transactions, ensuring all activity is in line
with budgets and funder requirements and other compliance
- You prepare outgoing invoices and payment requests to
- You engage in process improvement review and analysis,
working with other team members to identify solutions to
- You are the primary contact and take lead in audits and
expenditure verification of projects.
- You answer basic financial/project/tax related questions from
the team and management and support the other Finance Team
- You hold a degree in accounting or related discipline or
equivalent vocational training and
- Have a minimum of two years professional experience in
project accounting and controlling
- Experience using ERP system/s is an asset: we
recently upgraded our MS Access database to
an ERP system and would benefit from your expertise
- Our working language is English, therefore English is
necessary, German and/or French would be an asset
- Work experience in a startup, an NGO, research/science
organisation, or a small, rapidly growing company is an advantage
- A job with purpose. With us, you will work in a team of
highly engaged people and with your skills you can make a
positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change
- We are a diverse and inclusive team and welcome your
application regardless of your gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity,
disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect that makes
- We are working in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere
with an international team. Our Berlin office is located near
Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a
dynamic startup scene.
- Currently most of our staff is working from home and we will
continue offering flexible work arrangements in the future.
- We will pay your public transport ticket for Berlin and offer
a company pension plan.
Deadline: 10 July 2022
Start: as soon as possible
Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a two-year
fixed term contract with the perspective of extension based on
performance and funding.
Requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three
referees in PDF format by 10 July 2022.
Indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications
by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email
- Remote möglich
- Climate Analytics gGmbH
- Julia Pohl
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: