Head of Technical Engineering
Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seam-lessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile pay-ment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refriger-ators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
Head of Technical Engineering
Permanent employee Headquarter - Berlin Full-time
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
As Mobisol´s Head of Technical Engineering (Hard & Firmware Development) you will be responsible for the technical development of integrated hardware and firmware solutions according to the demands of the Mobisol product range. To achieve this major goal, you will lead a team of experts who develop and improve firmware, system hardware and tools for production, testing, assembly, installation and maintenance of the complete product portfolio. This includes Solar Home Systems range from 40Wp to 800Wp as well as in-house or co-developed appliances and productive use.
Within this role, you will make sure that Hardware, Firmware Development and Quality Assurance have a strong alignment to the same goals.
The development of your team is for you as same as important as the technical development of the products.
- You lead a team of 12 developers and engineers and make sure that all are aligned and work effectively towards the set goals
- You will setup the optimal team structure and align with our product management team the future product roadmap
- You will be the interface between, Hardware, Firmware and Quality Assurance to set the right goals and processes
- You will be the first point of contact for high level technical decision and be “the voice” of the technical engineering in Mobisol
- You are in close cooperation with mass-production partners & with the technical teams in the country operations
- At least 3 years of experience in a comparable role
- University degree in Engineering or multiple years of practical experiences in Electronic Engineering
- You are a strong communicator and leader, which is well trusted by your team members and internal or exter-nal stakeholders
- You are open-minded, result oriented, pragmatic and driven by the mission to deliver the right product for the needs of our customers
- You know how to motivate and guide your team towards individual and team goals
- High level of familiarity with evaluation of technical opportunities, design of technical concepts and research of new technical inventions
- Experience in methodologies and concepts of modern software development and ability to apply these to an integrated team of hard- and software engineers.
- Industry insider in the electronics sector (machines, tools, product requirements) with good knowledge of the state-of-the-art companies and their tools in hardware development
- Strong focus on mass-production optimized hardware development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- German is definitely a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to adapt in a new sector with changing and fast developing environments and requirements
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, innovation and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated Team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion.
HOW TO APPLY
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal.
If you have further questions please contact our HR team Phone: +49 30 9700 255-6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skalitzer Str. 85/86
03 /9700 - 2556
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: