Team Leader (f/m/x) Finance
Climate Analytics gGmbH
Climate Analytics was formed in 2008 in Potsdam to bring cutting edge science and policy analysis to bear on one of the most pressing global problems of our time: human-induced climate change. As the urgency of this problem has grown, so have we, and our organisation now has four offices in Berlin, Lomé, New York and Perth, and over 80 people with wide-ranging expertise.
We are motivated by the desire to empower those most vulnerable – Small Island Developing States and Least Developed Countries – to use the best science and analysis available in the international climate negotiations, as well as developing policies and institutional capacity to adapt to climate change. We undertake extensive research on the 1.5°C temperature limit in the Paris Agreement, and the risks and vulnerabilities these countries face. We also evaluate progress on climate action and show governments how they can act on their policies to keep global warming to this limit.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated professional tolead our Finance Teamand support a growing, dynamic international non-profit organisation in developing our financial structures and processes to adapt to future complexities. If you are a big-picture thinkerenergised by work in a changing environment and want to actively take part in forging the future of Climate Analytics, this position is perfect for you.
- You lead and develop our Global Finance Team of currently 4 team members in Berlin and Lomé.
- You are responsible for the overall organisational finances and budgeting. You have an oversight of how the organisation is performing, including financial projections and forecasts for the organization and ensure the organisation is fully compliant with fiscal and legal requirements.
- You are an advisor and a strategic partner to the CEO and the COO by providing top level financial reporting and analysis with actionable recommendations on strategic financial and capacity planning.
- Supervision of project budgeting is part of your responsibilities. This includes coordination of timely preparation of budgets and financial reports, both internally and to funders.
- You also support our project development & acquisition team with the preparation and review of proposal budgets and you sign off on related financial planning.
- You supervise the financial aspects of the overseas offices in USA, Togo and Australia, including developing procedures and financial systems between offices.
- You review and develop policies and procedures related to the work of the Global Finance team.
- You have a graduate degree in business, finance or related discipline and minimum of 5 years of experience in finance management with international and project funded organisations. Experience in the non-profit sector is a plus.
- You have experience and a proven track record of providing top-level financial reporting and analysis to decision makers and have a strategic approach in doing this. You have an in-depth understanding of project controlling and allocation of resources and do not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Experience with various funders and knowledge of public procurement regulations is an advantage.
- Knowledge of German tax regulations, in particular how they apply to tax-exempt entities is part of your portfolio.
- You already have experience in leading a small team.
- Our working language is English. A good level of German is required for communication with external providers. Basic French skills are welcome.
- You bring sensitivity, discretion and the ability to communicate difficult and sensitive issues in a friendly and intelligible way.
- You have proven capacity to work independently and under pressure and a well-developed sense for team work and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team. Our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- We are currently offering a contract limited to two years with prospect of extension and we are interested in a long-term cooperation.
- We will refund your public transport ticket and offer a company pension plan.
Start: as soon as possible
Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a two-year fixed term contract with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
Other requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Claudia Neumann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
Climate Analytics gGmbH
Frau Claudia Neumann
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: