Student assistant (f/m/d) - Web map development within the Research Unit Off-Grid-Systems
Reiner Lemoine Institut gGmbH
Reiner Lemoine Institute is an independent non-profit research institution that contributes to a transformation towards a sustainable energy supply based on 100 % renewable energy. Our three research fields are Transformation of Energy Systems, Mobility with Renewable Energy, and Off-Grid Systems. We conduct applied research to scientifically support the long-term transition of the energy supply system towards renewable energy.
We are looking for a
Student assistant (f/m/d)
to work on
Web map development for an electrification strategy for health facilities and surrounding communities in Ghana
within the Research Unit Off-Grid-Systems
In the Research Unit Off-Grid Systems, we develop renewable-energy-based electrification strategies for developing regions and optimize hybrid mini-grids by applying energy system simulations and geoinformation systems (GIS). We are currently offering a student position in context of the research project EnerSHelF.
- Web map development based on Leaflet
- Set-up of a database containing the datasets to be visualized in the web map
- Preparation of geospatial datasets
What we offer:
- A friendly and open work environment with a young team (RLI currently has about 100 employees, with
approx. 40 students)
- Participation in an interdisciplinary, international research project
- A transparent and participatory corporate culture
- Academic support and supervision
- Optional in-house trainings
- Potential career opportunities
- Flexible working hours and places according to your needs
- Office on the Science Campus Adlershof, excellent public transport access
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
- Option to write a master’s or bachelor’s thesis based on the research conducted in this position – please indicate in your application if you are interested
- Fixed-term contract for 6 months (extension possible)
- Between 40 and 60 hours per month (according to your needs)
- Wage 12.68 EUR/hour in accordance with TV Stud III
Kindly upload your application (cover letter, CV, transcript of records) inone single PDF file with the file name YourFirstname.YourLastname under this link.
We regret that we cannot consider applications that do not meet these criteria or are sent to us in other ways.
Questions regarding tasks and scope of the work are answered by Catherina Cader.
Your contact person for the application process is Michaela Weiske.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a master’s or bachelor’s degree program, preferably Geoinformatics, Gegraphy or a related relevant field.
- Knowlegde of geospatial data formats and geoinformation systems is required.
- Previous programming experience is desirable.
- Excellent English language skills are preferred.
- An interest in energy access provision through renewable energy technologies (in Ghana) is desirable and knowledge on those topics is a plus.
- We expect successful candidates to work independently, systematically, and thoroughly with minimal supervision. You should be able to communicate and document research results on your own.
Reiner Lemoine Institut gGmbH
Rudower Chaussee 12
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: