Junior Professional Officer (gn) - Energy Resilience
Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
OECD - JPO, Energy Resilience EED-Paris, Chiffre Nr.
Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Energy Resilience, Paris
Sector/Unit: Energy and Environment Division (EED)
Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension for another
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years
of work experience are mandatory!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Participate in modelling and data analysis regarding climate
impacts on energy systems in various countries and regions, e.g.
physical, social and economic impacts of climate change that
could alter future energy supply and demand.
- Analyse socioeconomic costs and benefits of measures for
enhancing climate resilience, and identify effective policy
measures and best practices.
- Track and provide insights on key developments in the
climate, energy and environment policy landscape of specific
countries relevant to the climate resilience of energy
- Provide overall support for communication and dissemination
of the analytical work, including through drafting written
outputs for publication, and preparation of speeches, briefings
- Support organization of workshops and conferences to move
forward policy analysis and discuss findings, gathering national
and international stakeholders and experts.
- Promote the work of the Agency as appropriate through
presentations and bi-lateral meetings; organize and participate
in workshops; assist in the development of web content, outreach
materials, and briefs on relevant aspects of energy and climate
Profile of qualification
- A Master's Degree in environmental and/or climate science
fields, applied sciences (including engineering, energy
technology), public policy, economics or other relevant
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in policy,
scientific and/or economic analysis in the areas of energy and
climate, preferably in national and international contexts.
- Experience in drafting policy papers or reports, and an
ability to translate technical information into clear, concise,
and policy relevant messages.
- Fluency in English or French and knowledge of the other, with
a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Excellent understanding of climate models and scenarios,
energy technologies and policies.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with GIS, Python, and/or statistical
software would be an asset.
Weitere Informationen zur Stelle und zum Bewerbungsprozess sowie
den Bewerbungsbogen finden Sie unter www.bfio.de
- Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
Villemombler Straße 76
- (Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: