System Administrator (m/f, full-time in Berlin)
Energy Efficiency is our mission! To reduce global energy consumption and global warming, the creation of transparency is the key.
With our team of 20 inspired colleagues we thus develop and market innovative systems for Energy Controlling (analysis software, data loggers, sensors, etc.). These tools help our customers to understand and reduce their energy consumption and running costs.
Our customers include global players with multinational manufacturing sites and the school next-door. We have projects worldwide - in Europe, Central and South America, and Asia. In our office site in the centre of Berlin we program, configure, design and invent. Besides, we produce over 100 kg of honey every year in our "office beehive" which, of course, is extensively metered and online.
Did you ever want to change The World for the better but did not know where to start? We develop the tools to allow our customers to understand their energy flows and almost always reveal ways for them to reduce the amount of required resources drastically. That does not just save the resources for future generations but also our customers' money. For our development and operations team this means dealing with huge amounts of data that need to be visualized in real time to provide the necessary insights without friction.
As a System Administrator you will work on the scalability of our server infrastructure while keeping it running smoothly. We need your ideas and creativity in the development of new concepts and the evaluation of possibilities, and your thoughtful acting in the implementation of them. Besides a growing number of high availability servers there is an even larger number of embedded Linux iPCs deployed worldwide that could also be part of your responsibility.
- Effortless command of the GNU/Linux-console (bash)
- Very good knowledge of GNU/Linux functionality
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks: routing, firewall (iptables)
- Systematic, structured and pro-active working style
- Reliability and thoroughness
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of VPN (e. g. OpenVPN) and LVM
- Administration of Apache/nginx, MySQL/Percona, OpenLDAP
- Virtualization with libvirt/KVM and Docker
- Building and managing an own packet repository for Ubuntu
- Expertise in administrating Windows-PCs
- Professional Experience as System Administrator
- Exciting product with state-of-the-art technologies
- High degree of responsibility and independence
- Working in a supportive, international team
- Relaxed working environment, flat hierarchies
- Individual organisation of working hours around core time
- Support in professional and personal development
- Boni, “Innovation days“, team events, family-friendly policies,…
Any questions? Please contact Nicole Neumann or Torben Förster under 030/31800730! Submit your application electronically to email@example.com. We are looking forward to meeting you! More information is available on our website www.dezem.de.
Wilmersdorfer Str. 60
030 / 31 800 730
030 / 31 800 731
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: