Correspondent (m/f/d; maternity cover - 1 year)
Clean Energy Wire
Get your teeth into one of the defining stories of our time: Clean Energy Wire CLEW is offering a rare opportunity for journalists to report on all aspects of the energy transition in Germany. Stories on this epochal shift to a climate-friendly economy range from business and jobs to environment and culture, from Berlin politics to social acceptance and urban planning around the country.
With a team of 10 media professionals, Clean Energy Wire works to keep international journalists and energy experts in the loop on the big stories of the Energiewende and supports colleagues from all over the world in their reporting.
Since its online start in 2014, interest in the Clean Energy Wire has increased exponentially. We have some 2,000 subscribers to our newsletters. Stories in The New York Times, The Financial Times, CNN, The Washington Post and many others have linked to our reporting on www.cleanenergywire.org. Our network of international journalists is also growing, with more than 120 colleagues connecting on energy and climate issues via CLEW Network.
As a non-profit organisation, we are fully funded by Stiftung Mercator and the European Climate Foundation, which ensures our full independence from political and business interests.
Clean Energy Wire is looking for a committed journalist with strong online-publishing and social media skills to work in a highly motivated team as
Main duties include:
- keeping track of all developments in German energy and climate policy
- writing news articles, factsheets and longer-format pieces on energy and climate policy
- using all means of modern online publishing and social media to reach our audiences
- supporting foreign journalists in their reporting with research and contacts
- researching and checking facts, figures and contacts for factsheets and expert database
- work in one of the most important, diverse and exciting beats
- room to develop and implement own ideas in a flexible and collegial environment
- the opportunity to support and shape coverage of energy transitions globally
This job requires:
- at least two years of experience as a professional journalist
- a good understanding of German energy and climate politics and its players
- a proven ability to work with great precision and to research facts meticulously
- the ability to work independently as a self-starter and quick learner in a tightly knit team
- a strong grasp of German and the ability to write professional copy in English
- social media savviness is a must, the ability to turn data into telling graphs a big plus
Please upload a cover letter including your salary expectations and earliest starting date, CV, work samples and other relevant material on https://cloud.sefep.eu/s/gkktTZ4PNHmG6PJ. If you have further questions, please call 0049 171 8347176.
Clean Energy Wire
+49 (0)171 / 834.71.76
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: