Managing Consultant - Energy Systems Transformation
Job ID: 10271
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.
Are you looking for an outstanding international consultancy that has a real impact in transitioning the world to a sustainable, decarbonized energy system? You want to be part of a team with advanced knowledge and insights in the field of renewable energy, power systems and energy markets? You like working together on complex problems in projects with colleagues from different backgrounds, driving towards tangible results that make a difference for a wide range of clients? And you would like to develop new skills rapidly and look forward to stepping out of your comfort zone? Then the following position could be just what you are looking for!
As a Managing Consultant at Navigant in Berlin you will lead and work on several projects domestically and abroad. The themes you will work on are diverse and may vary from strategy development for energy companies, defining the requirements for future energy grids to designing and evaluating power market rules and energy policies for regulators to achieve policy targets. You will be responsible for project management, data gathering and analysis, writing reports, implementing projects, and inspiring and presenting to clients. In this role you will learn, be challenged and develop skills at a fast pace. You will contribute to acquisition of new projects by supporting our senior sales staff and engaging with clients.
Our Energy System Transformation team provides strategic and management consultancy to companies across the energy value chain that aim to develop new business on emerging opportunities. Amongst these opportunities are the implementation of new technological developments that are needed to equip energy systems with storage functionality, flexibility between power and fuels, interconnectivity between regions of supply and demand, and emerging services and technologies powered by data resulting from the digitalization of the energy system. Our strength lies in strategic understanding of complex relations between technology, policy and business, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice for our clients.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then please apply.
- University degree in electrical engineering, physics or a related degree
- Circa 5-10 years’ experience working in electricity or gas grid operators, energy companies, strategy consulting and/or regulation
- Knowledge of electricity distribution and transmission system operators, power systems and markets, regulatory frameworks, technology and market developments, and policy implications in Germany and throughout Europe
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, transform them into simple messages and gain the respect of clients and colleagues
- Commercially oriented approach and business skills in identifying and exploiting opportunities in a competitive market; you know how to build a network and a have desire to grow further in this respect
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, with the ability to lead, motivate and mentor colleagues, and convince and delight clients of your high-quality deliverables
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing and slide presentation software; Experience developing and using analytical models and simulations is beneficial
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
Please note that we will contact candidates that we would like to speak with further wihin 2 weeks of your application.
Am Wassermann 36
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: