Web / full-stack developer (m/f/d)
INTEGRATION environment & energy GmbH
Job Offer - Ref. Nr. 27–
Web / full-stack developer
INTEGRATION environment & energy GmbH is a sustainable consulting firm in the field of international development cooperation. We provide specialized consulting services on energy access, decentralized renewable energies, environmental management and energy efficiency adjusted to local context in Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and Latin America and the institutional needs in development cooperation. We operate independently from our headquarter in Frankenjura, our offices in Berlin, Islamabad and Bejing cultivating a decentralized work environment. We are a small to medium-sized consulting company with approx. 50 staff maintaining and closely-knit teams. We aim for creative technical solutions on eye level with social science and resilient relations with our partners.
What We’re Looking For
Over the last years, INTee has transitioned its decentralized renewable energy planning tools as well as its urban and environmental planning approaches into more digital tools. Aside of renewable energy, energy efficiency and socio-economic experts, GIS planning tools and data retrieval from decentralized power systems (solar mini-grid and mini-hydro power) has emerged as an area of expertise. Through our recent assignment on data gathering and management for electrification planning, we are now moving on to the next level of depth and aim to provide full scale digital solutions for development with a focus on energy. Therefore, we are looking for a Web or Full-Stack Developer to join our team in Berlin (full-time and part-time options available). The work to be predominantly project based, but we appreciate if internal processes may be optimized as well. Since we are working for development, our approaches have a strong emphasis on open-source solutions and we mainly customize pre-existing open-source applications, but also create new applications from scratch. Thus, passion for open-source and sustainable solutions is a must.
Therefore, you should be a web developer who is also comfortable with back-end development and system administration. You should be willing and able to adapt and learn. Since the work scope is very broad, appropriate support and resources are available for personal development.
Currently, project work requiring your input is under the Nigeria Energy Support Program, assigned by GIZ, whereby a massive data gathering effort is being undertaken to support electrification planning as well as for remote monitoring solutions for solar mini-grids for rural electrification. In this project, the transmission and distribution infrastructure (T&D) will be digitalized (with latest 360°mobile mapping devices) and areas outside the network mapped remotely as well as surveyed (with Open Street Map tools). To support this, an environment needs to be set up consisting of open source tools from the OpenStreetMap toolset as well as a PostgreSQL database and secure platform to manage data.
The following responsibilities will be immediately assigned:
This project will require visits to the Nigerian capital, Abuja. Based on the data environment created, further applications will be developed, e.g. bottom up data collection tools, automated data retrieval or live projections in the web. In addition, you will be involved in the development of an energy access data base encompassing the data from our past and present projects.
- Review of cloud-based solutions for testing environment
- Implementation and customisation of opensource geospatial applications (list can be provided upon request)
- Review of Active Directory user management systems and implementation for the above applications
- Implementation of project webpage based on wireframes and mock-ups
- Implementation of PostgreSQL database, and design of suitable solution to regularly pull OpenStreetMap data into database (e.g. via https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql)
- Working with our GIS analyst to design and implement suitable triggers and updates to the database based on incoming OpenStreetMap data
Your Know-how and Profile
- A relevant qualification; experience in software development will be considered as a suitable substitute to a formal qualification
- Familiarity in working with APIs
- Translation of wireframes and mock-ups into front end code
- Server-side administration and management including knowledge of Active Directory management
- Implementation of technologies with cloud-based services and applications is a plus
- Passionate about open-source solutions which make a meaningful difference
- Drive to learn and develop with the company; an in-depth knowledge of all the above is not required, however a strong willingness to learn is required
What We Offer
- A workplace in a small and effective company in our open-office in Berlin (Mitte/Tiergarten)
- Exposure to development work and working on projects making a positive difference
- Freedom in designing solutions from scratch and choosing the direction of work – the projectbased nature of work means that the languages used for development are rarely set in stone
- Openness to flexible work arrangements and personal style of work
- A minimum contract until end of 2020 with the possibility of extension
Are you Interested?
If you are interested, please email your application as a single PDF document. Your application should include a motivation letter (including availability/expected start date) and your full CV. Applications should be addressed to Oliver Haas with the Job Reference #27 (email@example.com) before 22 September 2019.
INTEGRATION environment & energy GmbH
Mr. Oliver Haas
Job Reference #27
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: